Healthcare program support is the link between medical care and all the infrastructure and management that supports it. From medical coding to program management, to recruitment, data processing and training programs, TeAM provides the support to the Military Health System that helps more than 9.7 million beneficiaries every day.
- IP and OP Medical Coding and Auditing Services
- Training Support Services
- Data Mining, Analysis and Reporting
- Program Evaluation and Optimization
- Strategic Planning and Policy Development
- Communications and Marketing
Medical Coding/Auditing Support
- Knowledgeable in and utilize the following systems: Coding and Compliance Editor (CCE), Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA) and Essentris depending on the type of services and specialties being provided.
- Performed medical coding of diagnoses and procedures as well as medical records review (CPT, HCPCS, ICD 10 CM & PCS, E&M and modifiers).
- Coding and auditing services covered all types of medical records, including outpatient (OP), inpatient (IP), Emergency Department (ED), Ambulatory Procedure Visits (APVs), and Inpatient Professional Services Rounds (IPSR).
- Clinical specialties we provided medical record coding for include: Audiology, Breast Care, Case Management, Community Health, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Hearing Conservation, Immunization, Internal Medicine, Mental Health, Neurology, Nutrition, OB-GYN, Orthopedics, Occupational Health, Occupational Therapy, Ophthalmology, Optometry, Otorhinolaryngology, Pain Clinic, Pediatrics, Physical Therapy, Podiatry, Preventive Medicine, Pulmonary, Radiology, Substance Abuse, and Urology
- Review patient medical records and assign codes to diagnoses and procedures; CPT, HCPCS, ICD 10 CM & PCS, E&M and modifiers
- Determine the final diagnoses and procedures stated by the physician or other health care providers are valid and complete
- Quantitative analysis – comprehensive review for the record
- Qualitative analysis – evaluates the record for documentation consistency and adequacy
- Analyzes provider documentation to assure the appropriate Evaluation & Management (E&M) levels are assigned using the correct CPT code
- Quality assurance and risk analysis
- Perform concurrent/retrospective audits on accuracy of APC, ASC or MS DRGs on quality of medical record documentation needed for accurate coding
- Gap analysis and feedback to providers and coding staff
- TeAM created a Transition Program Office and Master Training Plan to assist the Air Force in implementing a new medical coding standard that impacted 40,000 users; TeAM developed and delivered training courses as well as created “how-to” User Handbooks covering 20 specialty areas.
- TeAM provided 33 training professionals integrated with the staff and faculty at the Medical Education and Training Campus (METC) in San Antonio, TX; Single source of all training for the enlisted military medical workforce providing 50 courses to 20,000+ students annually – heavy emphasis on practical “how to do your job” training.
- Supported METC’s mission performance by establishing Training Requirements, conducting Instructional Systems Design, and providing Audio Visual Production and Graphics Support.
- Use of a variety of methods to provide training including group training, one-on-one training, webinars, web-based training, PowerPoint presentations, Defense Collaboration Services (DCS), and instructional videos.
Data Mining, Analysis and Reporting
- Data Mining for supply chain management, sales and marketing, problem-solving, quality issues identification, customer behavior, historical patterning and trends, prediction and risk modeling, fraud detection
- Business Intelligence (BI) process development and implementation for the Healthcare Enterprise, data-led and layout led discovery solutions for effective decision-making and decision evaluation
- Sequence/Path Analysis, Classification, Clustering and Forecasting; utilizing predictive analysis to benefit the healthcare enterprise, maximizing database information/collection results
- Web mining for customer relationship management and website effectiveness
Program Evaluation and Optimization
- Clinical and business planning analysis and execution, enterprise-wide optimization of services
- Metrics collection and analysis to reduce healthcare program cost, effort and resource investment
- Perform CONOPS and other evaluations of projects and processes to assist mission goals
- Infrastructure optimization including configuration management, IT operation and maintenance planning, network/hardware support, backup and recovery management.
Strategic Planning and Policy Development
- Assessment of and determinations for enterprise policies, providing strategic direction and development of healthcare technology implementation, practices and procedures
- Cybersecurity and information protection, HEDIS, FISMA compliance, HIPAA rules and regulations
- Planning and development around MHSi technology as the foundational architecture for the Medical Community of Interest (MED-COI) and next generation provision of IT Services via the electronic health record (EHR).
- Facilitation of organizational strategic planning sessions and development of the Enterprise Infrastructure Strategic Plan 2012-2014, to align future Enterprise Infrastructure efforts with the MHS IM/IT Strategic Plan.
Communications and Information
- Military Health System (MHS) and healthcare Communications Program management.
- Strategic communications, web-based communications development, customer relations management.
- Public relations and marketing strategies for the Healthcare Enterprise.
- Protection of critical information assets; IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, mobile technology.
- Public Affairs functions and activities that include communications strategy and planning, branding, Government agencies and other external communications, community/customer outreach, internal communications, metrics and analysis
- Generate Market Analysis/Strategic Environment Research, Inpatient/Outpatient Dashboard Support and Develop sustainable process to track approvals of the Resource Allocation Committee.
- Resource management involves market research and market surveys to identify potential sources and contract vehicles identify special considerations to determine the appropriate method to acquire goods and services.
- Educated physicians and health care team regarding compliant documentation responsibilities, coding and reimbursement issues, and documentation guidelines.
- Followed all mandated compliance, applicable laws, and regulations applicable to IP and OP medical coding services in our past performance(s).
- Our audits are in accordance with the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery Instruction 6150.38 A (BUMEDINST 6150.38A).
Adapt : Innovate : Create